A sequence of steps not to take for optimal iPod usage:
- Go to China
- Put iPod in protective case
- Place iPod in thigh pocket of ¾ length cargo pants
- Take a train to Guangzhou, listen to iPod on journey
- Visit the apartment of an elderly relative of one of your party
- Sit and nod and smile politely while much Chinese is spoken
- Form a line to say goodbye to elderly relative.
- Join line at back
- Realise the prolonged goodbyes are making elderly relative upset, but also realise that you can’t skip out of the line now
- Say good bye to weeping elderly relative
- Get shoved aside by concerned son of weeping elderly relative keen to console weeping elderly relative
- Stumble towards a glass dinner table with conveniently placed corner at thigh level
- Feel a crunch and tinkle of something breaking
- Fish iPod out of pocket.